Are you in a healthy relationship? Ask yourself some quick questions.
Does your partner:
- Make decisions for you all the time?
- Control what you wear and do?
- Tell you who not to talk to or meet?
- Make you feel inferior?
- Insult you?
- Make you think you’re stupid or crazy?
- Treat you like an object?
- Expect you to conform to stereotypes?
- Ask you for explanations but not offer any?
- Threaten to get violent with you?
- Emotionally blackmail you with sulks and threats?
If any or a combination of this is happening fairly regularly, you need to sort out your relationship fast. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets.
Source: The Yellow Book – A parent’s guide to sexuality education (TARSHI)